Monday, March 31, 2008

Wine Corner Review #18: Rosemount Diamond Label Chardonnay

When I'm on a wine prowl, it's a sight to behold. I have my body parts triggered to take action at the slightest signal. For instance, when tripping through my local grocery store, I always make it a point to cruise the wine section, whether I'm in buying mode or not. Reason? You must stay alert to Wine Behavior, for they are so well trained, the little bottles will leap into my cart on command, such as earlier today. My eyes locked on the fact that Rosemount Diamond Label (Australian) Chardonnay was on sale at $4 less than the normal price, my brain processed the info, then directed my eyes to shoot a "come hither" glance to the chard, at which point it made the not-suicidal leap into my cart, where said chard could travel homeward bound (as Simon and Garfunkel would have it), where my lovely wife the Rock Star and I could enjoy it and report to you the splendiferous results.

The robe of the Rosemount Diamond Label Chardonnay is the quite perfect yellow of the black-eyed susan, with a touch of sunflower thrown in. (The winning horse of the Preakness wears a blanket of susans, unlike the roses presented to the Derby winner.) The nose suggests tropical goodness, like those who love pina coladas and gettin' caught in the rain. (Quick, let's Escape somewhere!) The taste reveals mangoes, pomegranite and passionfruit, and suggests long Caribbean afternoons. Salads, chicken nachos, and Cajun goodies are perfect pairs for this vino, but really, it could go with anything you'd care to put in your picnic basket. Investigate this and other Rosemount wines at www.rosemountestate.com. Go on your own prowl for quality and value soon, and as always:

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR MEDIOCRE FOOD!!!

No comments: