Monday, March 24, 2008

Quickie Review #18: Thai Grill Asian Fusion Restaurant & Bar

Everyone knows that Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend. My lovely wife the Rock Star knows this so well, that not only do we possess a DVD of "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes," the movie musical which features the aforementioned number, but she will turn up the volume and sing her heart out whenever Marilyn Monroe comes on the screen with her roomful of gentlemen. Granted, I would love to have gotten my bride a diamond for Easter, but I do not fancy a trip to the Poor House. Therefore, I surprised her with....a large chocolate bunny! Not just any bunny, either, but a solid milk chocolate Dove bunny. (I'm such a spendthrift!) In turn, she surprised me with....dinner! Not just any dinner, either, but Thai food!! So it was that we celebrated our Easter in the nontraditional manner with a delightful dinner delivered from the just-opened Thai Grill Asian Fusion Restaurant & Bar.

Since my wife and I are rather light eaters these days (this expression used to mean that we'd eat whenever it was light outside, but we've changed, I promise!), we decided to split an appetizer and an entree. The Butterfly Shrimp appetizer came seven to an order and were light and crispy, but there was nothing special about the accompanying sweet-and-sour sauce. Much better was the Rama-A-Bathing chicken: Sauteed with spinach, cabbage, carrots, and red & green bell peppers, topped with roasted peanuts and drizzled with peanut sauce, it was a light, fresh supper that only needed a slight kick of heat to make it better, at least as far as I was concerned. Said kick was provided from a handy-dandy bottle of Szechuan Stir-Fry Sauce I keep in the cabinet for just such an occasion. We both were quite satisfied, and my Rock Star polished off her meal in the manner of Sally Forth by eating the ears off her chocolate bunny. For me, I munched contentedly on a dark-chocolate rabbit. (Rich in antioxidants, doncher know.) Website is www.thaigrillofdallas.com, and be sure to order early, as delivery does take awhile, which could have been due to the fact that it was Easter Sunday and they were shorthanded, or the fact that the food was prepared fresh. In any case, it was worth the wait and the deliveryman was quite nice. Start your own Easter tradition soon, and don't forget:

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR MEDIOCRE FOOD!!!